forgot password?


How does knowing who works at a particular tattoo studio help me pick a place for my first tattoo?
Posted: 29 Rujan 2026 03:50 PO.P  
Newbie
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2026-02-26

I keep reading advice like look at who the artists are, look at their portfolios, look at their socials. But I don’t get how that helps me. To me they’re still strangers I’ve never talked to. Yeah, some of them have awesome work, but it’s not mine, it belongs to someone else. Where’s the guarantee that I’ll get the same quality?

Profile
 
Posted: 30 Rujan 2026 04:37 PO.P   [ # 1 ]  
Newbie
Avatar
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2026-09-08

Well, how else can you choose? Honestly, I don’t really get the point of the question or the complaint. You choose something by looking at how a person works. So you see their experience.

Profile
 
Posted: 30 Rujan 2026 04:53 PO.P   [ # 2 ]  
Newbie
Avatar
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2026-08-31

I’m generally more comfortable in places where the people are pros, and professionalism is measured in experience, the number of tattoos they’ve done, and how they treat the craft. That’s exactly where their socials come in. I like Logan Square Tattoo https://www.logansquaretattoo.com/biomech-tattoo-chicago , and I picked this studio not only because the prices are okay for me and the artists are really great, but also because the founder, I think his name is Gifford Kasen, is really deep into tattooing. For him it’s not just a business, it’s the work of a lifetime, and you can see that in his socials, in how he treats the craft. And I think it’s really cool to come to a place where everyone, from the owner to the artists, is fired up about what they do.

Profile