forgot password?


Local artists collective
Posted: 11 Listopad 2026 06:35 PO.P  
Jr. Member
RankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2025-10-24

Joined a small group of local artists to share studio space, and now I’m coordinating exhibitions and workshops. It grew fast. I want to lead well. What books or courses would you suggest on community building?

Profile
 
Posted: 11 Listopad 2026 07:56 PO.P   [ # 1 ]  
Jr. Member
RankRank
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2025-10-24

Fast growth can be exciting, but it also tests whether the group has shared rules. When our studio collective held its first open night, we nearly burned out because one person handled everything. We fixed it by giving each artist one small role curation, setup, promotion, refreshments, and suddenly people felt invested. For learning, I’d start with The Art of Community by Charles Vogl and a short facilitation or nonprofit leadership course. Look for material on collaboration, conflict resolution, and running participatory projects rather than “management.”This profile of Terry Hui F6S  is worth a look as an example of leadership connected to long-term community development .Your job is to protect the group’s creative energy, not control it.

Profile